Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Enjoying the Weather, and some K-Pop

Korea's weather has changed in a hurry. The hot, muggy, and rainy days that plagued my first couple of months here
have been replaced by blue skies and mild (sometimes a bit chilly) temperatures. I've welcomed the change and have been doing my best to enjoy the good weather. Korea had another holiday this past weekend. I wasn't as adventurous this time around and just used the opportunity to hang around Seoul and catch-up on some sleep. One exciting thing I did was go toyet another concert (I believe this is now my fifth or sixth since moving here). I went with Juan Jo, a friend of mine who is a college exchange student from Guatemala, to go see Girl'sGeneration. K-Pop is a booming industry in Korea, and Girl's Generation is at the top of the game. The concert didn't really change my opinion of the music genre (no thank you), but I still had fun and remain determined with Jaun Jo to meet the band so that we can ask them out on a date (they're a lot more fun to look at then listen to).

Tonight I'll be
going out to dinner with my fellow interns. The team has grown quite a bit since my first day at work, there are now eight interns including myself, the largest by far of any other team at Kotra. Dinner will be entertaining, I am now wearing suits to work and the other seven interns on my team are all girls. I already get odd looks w
alking to work in the morning, I can only imagine the looks I am going to get at the restaurant when I walk in wearing a full suite with seven girls tagging along. Not that I am complaining or anything.

1 comment:

  1. Get a picture with you and the lucky seven. Make sure you are wearing your suit.

    ReplyDelete